Weddings are a very important day for the bride and groom. They are also a very auspicious occasion for anyone attending. Therefore the gift you give should reflect the importance of the day. It should be unique, thoughtful and possess the special qualities of bonding and togetherness which symbolise a wedding.
Over the years, you may have been giving away great wedding gifts, and somewhere along the line some terrible ones too. If you are struggling for unique ideas, here are some suggestions of wedding gifts that may be suitable for the bride and groom:
1) Check for the couple’s wedding registry/list: Many couples create a registry/list, giving guests an idea of what the couple would like to receive as a gift. This makes it easier for the guests to give gifts as they can give something that the couple actually need or want. You need to check if the couple have registered a wedding registry/list and if they have where it is registered. You then need to go through the registry/list and select a gift that fits your budget and taste. However it is not compulsory to give a wedding gift from the wedding registry/list itself. You can use it to give you an idea of the type of gifts they are looking for when choosing a gift elsewhere.
2) Engraved champagne flutes: A champagne flute is one of the most popular gifts for the bride and groom. You can make it even more special for the wedding couple by personalizing it. Get the bride and groom’s name engraved on it along with the wedding date. In addition to it, you can also add a short personal message from yourself to the newlyweds.
3) Spa gift certificates: Every couple deserves some pampering and moments of peace and tranquility as a wedding can often be exhausting and involve lots of work. A spa gift certificate is a perfect wedding gift for the couple to enjoy after their special day. It will help them relax and unwind after the stresses of organising their big day.
4) Camera: The married couple will go for their honeymoon and would love to capture their special moments with pictures. There is nothing better than giving a camera as a wedding gift. This gift will help them remember those special moments.
5) Wedding clocks and wedding frames: Personalised wedding clocks and wedding frames are one of the most unique and memorable wedding gifts for the bride and groom. A Wedding clock with the couple’s name and their wedding date engraved on it can be very unique and thoughtful.
6) Household Items: If the couple are moving to their new home, they will most likely require new kitchen appliances and home decoration items such as lamps, scented candles, vases, decorative mirror sand many others. These decorative items can make an ideal wedding gift.
It is important you make a thoughtful choice when choosing a unique wedding gift for the couple. The above suggestions will help you to give a special and memorable wedding gift that can be cherished by the couple for the rest of their lives.